NEW TO THE PROGRAMME “Well intentioned and heart felt.” Guardian Peter Bradshaw writes in the Guardian: ”Some of Britain’s notable “post-colonial” fiction has translated uneasily into cinema: Monica Ali’s Brick Lane and Salman Rushdie’s Midnight’s Children didn’t entirely work as movies. Zadie Smith’s White Teeth was adapted, with more success, as a television drama. Now comes the film of Chimamanda [...]
- Richard is dead and Henry is king while Hal roisters: six hours of comedy, history and tragedy
- Antony Sher returns as reprobate Falstaff, with Jasper Britton (Henry IV) and Alex Hassell (Prince Hal)
- Starting with Part I (19:00 Wed 14 May); Part II (19:00 Wed 18 June)
- Live from Stratford and chock full of additional content - everything but the swans and the tourists!
- The best seats in the House, only £15
- Thursday 1 May, in a live performance
- ”When we are born, we cry that we are come/To this great stage of fools.”
- Simon Russell Beale (recently in Timon of Athens and Collaborators) takes the title role
- Directed by Oscar-winning film and theatre director, Sam Mendes (An American Beauty, Skyfall)
- With Kate Fleetwood, Anna Maxwell Martin and Olivia Vinall; Adrian Scarborough is the Fool
- Sold out at the National; on sale now at the Lexi
- ”Poverty is man-made and can be overcome,” Nelson Mandela. YOU can transform young lives
- £150 keeps a baby safe for a year
- £120 will educate, feed and keep a pre-schooler
- £60 a year provides safety in after-school activities for young teens
- In Mandela’s words: “Be great!” Learn more here.
Cinematheque: L’ANNEE DERNIERE A MARIENBAD. Garance and her accordion provided the wonderful music at our first Truffaut Tuesday and many of you have asked to have her back. She will be playing this month, and also definitely for May’s Cinematheque, PIERROT LE FOU which will be showing on Tue 27 May. CDs available on the [...]
…if you do just one thing today, go to see Calvary! Tickets still available for today’s (Monday) screenings at 18:30 and 20:45.